We handle all the licensing requirements for each event at no cost to you and have fully trained personal licence holders for all our bars.

In November 2005 the new licensing act came into full effect. This means that unless a venue has a premises licence with alcohol provisions a T.E.N. (Temporary Event Notice) must be applied for. This is done by submitting a T.E.N. application to the local council authority and the police. A T.E.N. is only available for functions upto 499 people, it can last for a maximum of 96 hours and a there can be a maximum of 12 events per year at the same premises. There must also be a break of at least 24 hours between different T.E.N.'s For larger events a licence can still be granted but it is usually for a designated area (Typically a marquee).

Please note that a licence is required for all the following:-

• Sale Of Alcohol
• Entertainment Of All Kinds
• Any Hot Food Or Refreshment Served After 11.00 p.m.

Therefore if you have an event such as a fete, wedding in a marquee or similar a licence should cover all the above. Our company handles
all this for you and will work together with the entertainment to ensure everyone is licensed. In depth licensing information can be found
on the department for culture and media website here: or please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any further information.


T.E.N.'s can be used to authorize relatively small-scale ad hoc events held in or on any premises involving no more than 499 people at any one time. The premises user must, no later than 10 working days before the day on which the event is to start, give duplicate copies of the notice to the relevant licensing authority, together with the fee of £21. A copy of the notice must also be given to the relevant chief officer of police no later than 10 working days before the day on which the event is to start. Anyone aged 18 or over can give a maximum of five Tens per calendar year. Personal licence holders can give a maximum of fifty Tens per calendar year. Tens are subject to other maximum limits, as set out below.

Each event covered by a TEN can last up to 96 hours and no more than twelve Tens can be given in respect of any particular premises in any calendar year, subject to a maximum aggregate duration of the periods covered by Tens at any individual premises of 15 days in any year. There must be a minimum of 24 hours between events notified by a premises user or associates of that premises user in respect of the same premises.

Provided that the criteria set out above are met, only the police may intervene to prevent an event covered by a TEN notice taking place or agree a modification of the arrangements for such an event and then only on crime prevention grounds.